- Software development: design principles, TDD and BDD, C++, C#, F#
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Numerical optimization algorithms for convex and nonconvex problems.
- On-line optimization
- AutoDiff - a .NET library for automatically computing derivatives of mathematical functions.
- TREM OPF Solver - A MATLAB solver for a class of optimal power flow problems using the Tree Reduction and Expansion Method. See paper below.
- Alex Shtof, Alexander Agathos, Yotam Gingold, Ariel Shamir, Daniel Cohen‐Or Geosemantic Snapping for Sketch‐Based Modeling Computer Graphics Forum 32 (2pt2), 245-253 (May 2013)
(paper, paper supplemental, video)
- Amir Beck, Yuval Beck, Yoash Levron, Alex Shtof, Luba Tetruashvili Globally solving a class of optimal power flow problems in radial networks by tree reduction Journal of Global Optimization 72 (3), 373–402 (November 2018)
- Globally Solving a Class of Optimal Power Flow Problems in Radial Networks, International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (July 2018) (presentation).